- Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones.
- Follow the links for more information
- Assisted Living Washington
- Assisted Living
- In-Home Care
- Memory Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Independent Living
Clothing & Textile Advisors of Washington
Clothing & Textile Advisors (CTA's) are trained volunteers dedicated to providing clothing, textile and needle arts education to the public. Click here for more information.
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Fridays
Community Center Monthly Activity Calendar
- There is always something happening at the Steilacoom Community Center.
for the latest monthly calendar of events.
Community Center Newsletter
- Click on the following link to view the Community Center Newsletter: Newsletter
- Our expanded exercise room offers machines, free weights and several pieces of aerobic equipment including two powered treadmills.
- Open during normal Community Center hours.
- Don't miss the local artists' presentations at the community center gallery. Every month a new showing is presented at this free gallery.
- The gallery is open during normal center hours.
Let's Play Bridge!
- Learn and enjoy this exciting card game
- Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - Noon
- Learn basic dance steps from Fox Trot, Waltz, Cha Cha, Tango, Latin, Irish to Broadway and dance to many popular tunes with Charlotte and the gang.
- This is a FREE exercise program that is a great workout for your mind and body!
Lunch Bunch: Senior Nutrition Meal-site
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions the senior meal site program will continue on a "take out" basis on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Call (253) 983-2059 for reservations. One week of advance notice is appreciated!
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Noon - 1:00 p.m., please be seated by 11:45 a.m.
- Call (253) 983-2059 for reservations
NW Furniture Bank
- NW Furniture Bank helps restore hope, dignity and stability in our community by recycling donated furniture to people in need.
- Visit the NWFB website for acceptable items: nwfurniturebank.org
Piecemakers Quilters Group
- This particular skill continues to be passed down to each new generation. Everyone is welcome!
- 4th Monday of the month
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Senior Living Help
Sew & Sews
- Enhance your sewing skills. A variety of needlework projects are always in progress. Bring your latest project to work on and share your expertise with fellow sewers. Why not stay for lunch and meet some very interesting residents at The Lunch Bunch?
- 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Steilacoom Food Pantry
- The We Love Steilacoom Association in partnership with the Steilacoom Historical School District staff provides a weekly food package distributed in a backpack to help supplement the family's nutritional needs over the weekend. If you have a child in the Steilacoom Historical School District and believe you would benefit from this program, please contact the office at your child's school.
- The We Love Steilacoom Association also provides weekly assistance to families. The Food Pantry is located at the Steilacoom Community Church, 1603 Rainier Street, Steilacoom, Washington, 98388. You do not need to be a member of the Church to obtain assistance through the Food Pantry and you may participate in this program in addition to or separate from the backpack program.
- The Food Pantry has weekly distributions on Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Preregistration is not required. For an emergency food need, please contact Paul Loveless at (253) 983-2074.
- Donations, either food or financial, are being accepted at the Town's Public Works Building, 1030 Roe Street, Steilacoom, Washington, 98388. For additional information, contact Paul Loveless at 253.983.2074.